Say hello to Jobscan
Get your resume through Applicant Tracking Systems.
How To Get More Job Interviews, Halve The Length of Your Job Search. Triple Your Interview Chances. Say hello to Jobscan. Try It For FREE right now.
Analyse how well your resume or CV matches a job in two seconds.
80% of large companies in Australia use Applicant Tracking Systems to search for qualified candidates from large job applicant pools. ATS help employers by analysing resumes and CVs, identifying those whose content matches given sets of keywords, and weeding out those who don’t rank highly. But ATS hasn’t been so great for jobseekers. Until now. Say hello to Jobscan, and triple your interview chances now. Why not try it right now?
Hint: you want to get a result of 80% or above. Click on the banner below for instant access.
MORE TIPS ON HOW TO LAND A JOB INTERVIEW
In a LinkedIn article by Lou Adler, learn about the best ways to increase your chances of getting a job interview.
- Know the person who scans all the job application. Once you know the job title and the company’s location, use LinkedIn or Google to research about the hiring manager or HR head. You may also call the office directly and ask about it.
- Gett a referral from someone who has a great reputation in the company – one of the easiest ways to get an interview. (And they may be incentivised to refer you if they get a referral fee from their employer!) If you do know anyone from the company you can still get referrals by networking.
- Be different: I had one candidate prepare a competitive analysis for a product marketing position in the telecommunications industry. He sent it to the VP who routed it to the Director. He told me he got an interview as a result.
- Check if the company has other postings for similar job positions. You’ll increase your chances of being called for an interview if you apply for each. Just be sure that your qualifications are also a direct match to the other job posts.
- Highlight all your accomplishments and the outcomes of your work in your resume and cover letter. Make sure to position it on your resume where it can be easily noticed at first glance. This will be your proof that you are a potential hire for the position.
- Customise your emails when you send your applications. Research the company and include some of the information in your message. For example, describe how your technical skills could impact products the company is developing or improve some process they’re upgrading.
NEED HELP WITH A JOB SEARCH PLAN? TRY OUR JOB SEARCH STRATEGY COACHING.